The Waitrose Food cookery team is looking for Deputy Food Editor to help support their work. Applicants must have relevant cookery training and editorial experience.
The role will support the Food Editor in:
- Planning the food/recipe content of Waitrose Food, Recipe Cards, supplements and other ad hoc projects.
- Coming up with inspiring ideas and formats, and keeping the food content fresh and relevant to the Waitrose readership.
- Writing, testing and developing recipes, and commissioning external writers.
- Ensuring all recipe content is triple-tested and works.
- Editing, sub-editing and proof reading all recipe copy so it is in house-style, and Waitrose-friendly.
- Food styling and commissioning external food stylists.
- Writing technical cookery pages for the magazine.
- Maintaining the Waitrose Food kitchen. Ensuring it is tidy, the laundry is done regularly and booking in any external events.
- Attending regular planning meetings and/or marketing briefings at John Brown or in Bracknell (or elsewhere).
- Dealing with reader’s queries about recipes and any unforced errors, responding to letters, emails and phone calls where needed.
- Processing invoices (and chasing where appropriate) and ensuring that the cost-log is completed accurately and on-time each month.
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to Natalina Lino at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1st June 2018.